Inversion Therapy can:
- Improve the operation of spinal joints.
- Minimize wear and tear of the inter vertebral discs.
- Improve muscle strength & control while reducing muscle spasms, tension and pain.
- Reduce nerve impingement or nerve tension.
- Improve normal joint mechanics by working the muscles of the trunk in a natural, functional way.
- Prevent postural abnormalities and improve symmetry of the spine.
- Offer relief from the ageing forces of gravity to muscles and joints.
- Reduce blood pressure and heart rate while increasing local blood flow.
- Increase thoracic gas volume peak flow and forced vital capacity.
- Influence lymph flow.
- Improve gait and range of motion.
- Reduce stiffness and fatigue while increasing flexibility.
- Reduce post traumatic headache.
Bent knee inversion has proven highly effective in increasing levels of back fitness, and are now part of the training program for international athletes and professional sports people. As well as being a key part of an individuals Workout , bent knee inversion complements training classes such as spinning or circuit training.